Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Death of a Playmate

After reading this piece, I can see how a magazine feature allows for more creativity and it has less of a strict structure. I had trouble following the story because of the way it was set up, but the writing was easy to follow. At times the story wasn't engaging and it was very long. Teresa Carpenter used multiple quotes. I didn't always feel like they added to the story. She was also able to include other people's thoughts on certain issues. Carpenter unveiled a side of Dorothy not many had seen before and talked about problems with her marriage. The topic was interesting, but I enjoyed reading "Pearls Before Breakfast" more.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand what you mean about the excessive quotes. I think it took away the authors identity. However, It didn't really effect my overall thoughts on the story.

    ReplyDelete